Is my RT Driveshaft salvageable ?

Comments

• invalidinvalid Wagonist
    I'mI'm no pro but I would say get new u joints and u should be good. There is a thread on here about where to order them from. Hopefully u didn't damage it running it like that.
  • Im also no pro but you just need new uni's and stake joints. I just took my driveshaft into a shop and they measured them up and found that a particular mitsubishi used the same uni's.
    I couldn't get a model or part number, the uni's themselves just say toyo on the casting
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    how much did that run you?
  • I had two uni's changed, $200 cash including labour, uni's were about $60 or $70 each depending.
    Im in Australia though so not sure if it helps you at all.
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Are there chunks of metal missing from the flange yoke? If so, you might be out one of those. From what I've read, replacing the universals is pretty hard on the flanges and you might end up breaking them off. Either way, I wouldn't run them like that.

I'd say find a new flange yoke (junkyard?) and pick up a set of Rockford 430-C ujoints.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    yeah im thinking the yolks are fried im no rwd guy but im pretty sure the amt of metal missing is too much its going to become lawn art here soon Im thinking haha.