my 88 GSR wagon build

[IMG][/img]2l9mlfk.jpgthis is what my gsr wagon looked like when picked up from alabama im gonna post all the pictures i have of previously owned wagons and etc

Comments

• Pat_RickPat_Rick Band Wagon
    [IMG][/img]rumy5w.jpg kind of beat up little thing but no rust on the quarters and also no gas tank haha and needed a new windshield
    [IMG][/img]2h3x73o.jpg on its way home! long haul from alabama 2 kentucky
    [IMG][/img]2wgxdzq.jpg finaly home with the other 2 wagos BTW i go all over and buy and sell wagovans usualy buy from ppl who dont know they have them
    [IMG][/img]2gx2235.jpg new windshield next too the other ol blue wich i purchased from the original owner dealership option sunroof and 5 speed 136,000 miles i paid $800 for it
    the next day after i purchased it the guy i bought it from moved to newzealand
    i painted the rear bumper and some other stuff and sold it for $4,000 with no wheels
    [IMG][/img]2wggirn.jpg
    new exhaust and new GSR fat fives
    ok now the story

i was crusing craigslist and i found a parts car in a junk yard i just saw the red top valve cover i go to the lot and its a B18C1 with hasport mount custom linkages and skunk 2 intake i paid $700 for this car no title no interior but a dash and 2 ebay seats orange ef hatch so i i then decided to put it in the blue car above the hatch ran and drove no problem it was cold so there was some that coming out of the exhaust i didnt think anything of it well go threw the process of having the engine put in fix the subframe axles and take it to a guy yo do the wiring he has it for 2 months and it still isnt running he says he gives up i get it wiring hacked ot death so take ot to another friend who is a big GM guy and i let him try it out he fixes alot of the wiring issues and gets it running well i start to drive it home and once it gets up to temp its a small freight train lol smokes awful so i decided to rebuild it get it torn apart it has ITR cams SRS pistins or something like that and has eagle rods but the cylinder walls were scarred so i couldnt use them sooooo i bought new in line four http://www.inlinefour.com/ b16A pistons and gsr rods for that little bit of extra juice 82mm bored and completely new head
    [IMG][/img]1zh3dsn.jpg
    [IMG][/img]eiwker.jpg
    these are the pistons i used
    [IMG][/img]34rtahc.jpg
    pistons installed bored .040 over new bearings and rings polished crank and new honda oil pump water pump and timing belt and everything else
    [IMG][/img]2jdp74l.jpg[IMG][/img]29wppmp.jpg

the head and engine now complete
    so now i purchased the car in 10\2012 and last week droppped it off with a friend of mine in ashland mr eric jarvis wiring issues fixed and dyno tuned on neptune should be finished this sunday i cant wait to see the outcome of this long process!!!! nex will be paint and body im gonna use blue rasberry pearl from the 2013 honda fir looks like the old tahitian green that came on the 88-91s hope to be completely done by next year show car quality i want my car to be in magazines!!!!!
    here she is now on the way to a show in louisville 59.jpg
    then found a super charger cheap so bought it then bought a gsr integra that came with a super charger so now i have 2 hmmmm GSR-S civic wagon 61.jpg
    then i was showing off infront of some mustangs and launched it ate up first went into second and there was nothing there.... Diff dropped and busted the case so as if cable trans werent difficult enough to find haha. so i found one pulled the engine to install the new trans cleaned the wiring up a bit while it was out and painted the engine bay now this was before i bought the super chargers didnt know that i would have to modify the bay to fit it. 62.jpg painted bay droppend engine back in
    63.jpg powder coated valve cover and plug cover and powder coated fat fives which i got tired of and put the silver 5 spokes on
    now gonna start prep work for the SC so started by polishing the intake side 64.jpg now dumb me left all the brackets on the teg for the super charger when i sold it, so lost those. the original one i purchased came with everything but the double alt pulley so i happend to search ebay and found a guy fabricating them so bought it and it awesome almost super charger ready 65.jpg
  • Good job on getting it in there, sucks about the transmission. On a side note, you can post those all as one update not as separate posts. What's the CR on those pistons. Looking forward to seeing a dyno.
    what do u mean CR? they are 82mm they are suppose to be made to resemble the itr pistons my cylinder walls were scarred pretty bad so thts why had to bore so much. and high compression kinda scares me with the blower but we will see what happens
    67.jpg BEFORE I BLEW THE TRANS

68.jpg PULLED THE MOTOR TO REPLACE TRANS SO STRIPPED THE POR 15 OFF ANF THE ORGINAL BLUE FROM THE BAY

69.jpg MOSTLY BARE METAL ENGINE BAY

70.jpg 71.jpg Aircraft stripper is some tuff stuff and it took off the factory seam sealer so had to re seam seal

72.jpg sealed it and then mixed paint color is from honda insight

73.jpg got some base in

74.jpg tucked the injector wires out of the way a bit

75.jpg sprayed the clear and let it sit over night then next night put engine back in and trans

76.jpg wiring plugged up

77.jpg new 4 core radiator

78.jpg upper tie bar is in

79.jpg pulled out to see in the sun and new neo chrome fender bolts and tie bar

80.jpg red metalic powdercoated valve cover
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    This is just amazing. Makes me want to supercharge my wagon. I also like the little details like bolts that are shiny and new.