My RT4WD Daily Project

So I traded off my old 1992 GSR for something different. Something I felt I could connect to a little better. I liked the GSR, but after 4 years of daily use without much going on in terms of wanting to build it I felt it was time to move on.

This offer came across my plate and I took it.

It's all stock, and in great shape for the age/mileage.

Plans for the Wagon:

Cleanup
6-spd RT4WD manual tranny conversion
DOHC ZC swap or Z6 swap (we'll see what's readily available when the time comes)
Suspension
Wheels
Paint

Car has 226k miles but still drives great. A few things need attn, but nothing major.

271.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

Comments

• usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    276.jpg
    This will be updated as I go, so some things will move along quickly, others will take a while.
    That said, my first order of business was to track down the elusive and VERY hard to find 6-spd RT4WD tranny.

I found one of only TWO listed online and immediately got my hands on it.

56.jpg

57.jpg

Internals look AMAZING! Tranny is in great shape. Another Wagon lover (DP_RT4WD) will be rebuilding the trans with GearSpeed syncros for me to drop in sometime in the next few months (gotta collect some misc parts as well). But by the looks of the transmission, it's gonna be like driving a whole new car.
    Went crazy on this bitch this weekend. "Made" some 15" RT4WD steelies and got all the black moldings freshened up. The amount of black trim on this thing is fuvking unreal.

First I made sure the RT centers fit, was pretty sure they would..........next was getting the 15" steelies painted.

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg
    I can dig it.....

Wheels done.

61.jpg

Next up was tackling all the black trim. Fuck me this took FOREVER.

Front done:

62.jpg

63.jpg
    And here's a completed shot. Still need some nylon hubcap washers for the RT centers and we'll be in good shape.

64.jpg

Next up is installing my 90-91 Integra front lip, but I gotta get it trimmed down about an inch on each side so it sits flush.
    Got an old school Clarion pull-out cassette deck for the Wagon. Keeping the car era-specific.

92.jpg

Brand new in the box too!!!

93.jpg
    How she sits currently:

90.jpg
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    You are off to a great start! Your wagon looks a lot like mine.
    248.jpg
    144.jpg
    Lol funny you say that....I saw a pic of yours recently right after it got painted, and I posted it on my FB page for inspiration lol

Can't wait till the day I get her repainted. Yours is gorgeous.
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Thanks man. So you are going to paint it the original blue?
    Oh of course! I'm a purist type, I keep it as era specific and original as possible.
    Nothing major going on just yet. Got a few small parts coming....passenger mirror, rear tail light body filler piece to replace the dented one, new sun visors to replace the cracking driver side, aaaannnnnddddd a little hint at something a little sweeter than that stuff:

322.jpg
  • jb2wheelsjb2wheels Wagonist
    usdm420 wrote: »
    WThe amount of black trim on this thing is fuvking unreal.

Funny - I thought the exact same thing when I had my 2WD painted last month. I took off everything but the window trim. I cheated and painted with Krylon Fusion though...

Your RT looks great!
    Thanks JB!

Ok, quick little update...nothing major going on.

RNR's are getting pulled off my buddy's car in Washington this week. Don't currently have the ETA on those just yet....not a big deal cuz no suspension setup ordered yet anyways.

I did have some time this weekend (had the Flu the entire Memorial weekend)...to get a few small things done.

I got the dented body panel out and replaced with a matching one off a parts wagon of the same color. I also got all the lugnut washers in to put the centercaps on, and I also removed and plugged the rear wiper and motor assembly.

422.jpg

423.jpg
  • bigdzysaysbigdzysays Wagonist
    I forget how clean these look stock and we'll kept.