rt4wd swapped into ej1

Hey y'all, im a noob here and to wagon stuff. I built an ej1 coupe from a stripped shell and am now going back to the drawing board. I have a full rt4wd system ( tranny, drive shaft, rear diff, axles , trailing arms, gas tank , etc). I am wanting to convert my 94 ex coupe to rt4wd. I understand some things will have to be custom and I have experienced help for that. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• I was once toldto build what I have and that's what im doing. I will post pictures and details of every aspect of this build so there have use of the knowledge I gain from this undertaking. We all love our Honda's
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Keep us posted on your progress. I don't remember seeing this done with an 'EG', but 'EF' hatches and CRXes have been. Seems to me that rear suspension crossmember, with its differential and control arm mounts would be the hardest part.
  • Will do, I do know that I will not be able to use the rear crossmember unless I cut out the existing crossmember and lower control arm brackets. I will be doing some cutting and welding and will make custom brackets for the rear diff as well as skid plates. I will have to make brackets for the drive shaft mounts and will be making a custom cable to hydro tranny conversion.
  • in the july 2011 issue of honda tuning there is a red 92-95 civic coupe they they converted to 4wd using rt4wd rear, and shortened drive shaft, and crv parts with an lsvtec. the company is epic tuning, i think it said they make mount kits for the rear but im not too sure.
  • Yeah I saw that, I am going na single cam (d16z6). Would be nice to find an S22 tranny.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    EpicTuning claimed they were going to make a kit, but never actually did, and were kind of huge assholes when I emailed them about it. The conversion doesn't seem too hard, but seems like a huge waste of time for NA single cam D IMO....good luck nonetheless.
  • Damn, thanks dude. Wish I had the cash for it. Well I have acquired all the parts needed to mate my z6 to the rt4wd tranny and drop it in the car. I only need to figure out the hydro conversion dilemma before I put it in do I can fab it up. This is going to be a daily driver that will have reliability. I will get my hands on a crv 5spd tranny and build a b series monster in the future but first thing first.
  • ElfnMagikElfnMagik Band Wagon
    So a little update, it is going to be easier to convert my hydro car to cable tranny than to convert the tranny to hydro. I have to get the pedal assembly from an ef manual for it to work properly. Should have it running and driving by next weekend with the rt4wd tranny mated to a z6. Then to figure out plumbing in a wagon gas tank in and mounting the diff and trailing arms.