91 FWD Auto build Ont Canada

Comments

• wftbwftb Wagonist
    New gas tank:390.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    This tank is for an 88-91 sedan .It fits fairly wel , I had to modify the strap hangers as they were too short .I also had to redo the exhaust because these tanks do not have driveshaft tunnels .So i moved the muffler closer to the front of the car and tucked it up in to the tunnel .I have a new sending unit on order , so far I do not think the old unit is working .some of the lines had to be extended , I used some 300 PSI FI hose from the local TSC store .Still waiting on some stainless steel 45* bends to complete the tail pipe section .

447.jpg
    448.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    One more pic
    of the exhaust:
    177.jpgInstalled the new tank sending unit and I dont know if it is working or not .Guage is reading full but i think it is only half full .Maybe the sedan unit has a different resistance ? Car is not sitting level so maybe that is the problem .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    The sending unit for the sedan tank is wired backwards from the wagon sending unit .So to make it work I had to cut and reverse the wires at the connector.The connector is the same , it just goes vertical instead of horizontal .
    342.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Did a few more things to the wagon .Finally decided to install the front D2 coilovers and Skunk2 control arms .Also put aluminum rear lower control arms on .The old ones had worn rubber bushings so that takes care of that problem .I am trying to get some pics up but photobucket is not working for me right now .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    66.jpg
    68.jpg
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    Very awesome progress!! Would like to see how you run the engine with the auto. Had plans to do this with my old one before she got smashed.
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Thanks .Getting the electronics and intake manifold from the new engine installed in the car is still in the planning stage .I have a shop manual for the wagon .A big , thick paper one .It has all the wiring info that I need about the original motor and its wiring .The new motor came from a 1994 Civic SI , so I ordered a shop manual for that car too .But to save a little cash , I got the CD version .This was a mistake .The cd version does not have all the full size wiring diagrams that the paper one has .There is a lot of info on the various forums , but I have not found a wiring diagram I feel I can trust for an automatic car.I want the install to be as plug and play as possible .As soon as I get the info I need , then I can modify the jumper harness and splice in the extra wires I need to make the multipoint intake work .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    The engine as it is now
    75.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Seems like a lot of us also own Elements .This was ours until yesterday when we traded for a 2015 Fit LX .Owned since new , 2003 4wd Y model .First one sold at Hanover Honda .Happy to get the new car , very sad to see the E go :145.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    The new car :146.jpg
  • Nice, I just picked up a 2015 EX 6MT last month!
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Nothing to add , been busy on my other project .The snow is finally gone so we will be getting the wagon out of the garage and on the road soon .A lot of garage grime to clean off first though .The fit has been a great car so far .Put on the rear splash guards yesterday , they look really good .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    All cleaned up and on the road again .147.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Very nice. Great work!
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Thanks , we really enjoy this car .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    We drove the car all spring summer and now fall . Ran really well , but now it is time to put it away for winter .I hope to hook up the AC and power steering over the winter .I am pretty well stymied on getting the MPFI to work , but maybe I will have time to look at that again .The car has held up well , other than one small bit of surface rust on the passenger front door , it looks like the day it was painted .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Put the wagon in the shed with the other summer stuff .Hopefully I will get a few things done to it over the winter .
    233.jpg
  • I love those little t@b trailers! I built my own 4x8 teardrop I pull with my wagon.
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    The T@B is awesome , had it out to Nova Scotia this year .But we pull it with a Honda Pilot .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Wagon is back on the road again .Unfortunately I did not have time to do anything to it this year but it is running great .Started right up and the noise that was coming from the right rear passenger wheel area when turning left seems to have gone away and the transmission no longer wants to get hung up in first gear .Getting better with age LOL .
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Awesome work with the rust man!
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Thank you .
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Had to replace the windshield the other day .Had a bad crack in the driver side lower corner and foggy patches .Got the old screen taken out and the culprit was rust .Took it back home and welded some patches in and took it back in a week later after the new paint was fully cured :41.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    Some of the rust :42.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    New windshield in .The old moulding was glued in by the last hack that put the windshield in , so it got destroyed .I could not get new trim so it has universal stuff on now .Matches everywhere but the upper corners , I filled that with a bit of black urethane .Really not that noticeable , and I think the old moulding caused water to pool under it and caused the rust .46.jpg
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    It has been a while since my last post. I have not had much time to do anything on the wagon except enjoy driving it. But this winter I decided the wagon gets the primo spot in the garage and the goal is to get the power steering working. Picked up a rebuilt rack from Canadian Tire and got a crank pulley from wrecker near London to replace the one I managed to break. All the old metal lines are rotted and the cooler too. I am waiting for a seal kit for the pump but I am thinking it might be OK. So making new lines is going to be the hard part.
    The other project is going to be installing the roof rack that I bought from a member here. It is a USDM dealer install rack. I like the Yakima rack we have on now but I think the built in rack will be nice. Will get some pics up as some progress is made.
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    I have the new power steering rack in and plumbed up. Did not take a lot of pictures but really not much excitement there. I had to make up two of the three hoses and search Ebay for some of the connectors. One line is a left over braided oil feed from a turbo, another is some fuel injection line and the pump to rack line was available complete from Ebay and is a copy of OEM and fit perfect.Left to do is put the steering links to the spindles back on and connect the collumn to the rack. The car needs new axles (maybe just replace the ripped boots) and possibly an axle seal. So I will get those parts and go back to crawling under the car then. Had to replace the flex pipe on the exhaust,old one rotted out. The new one has a much bigger ID so should pick up a bit more power I hope. I have some pics to post, but it has been a while and I can't figure it out. IMG_6408.JPG
  • wftbwftb Wagonist
    You must be posting in this thread by mistake. We are a long ways from Peru lol.
  • andreas542andreas542 Band Wagon
    Such a clean Wagon! How is it finding replacement windscreens? Are they still manufactured or do you have to source second hand ones?