Radio Question

Hey guys i recently found this in a junkyard and i think its beautiful i would love to put it in my wagon but i also want my iPod able to hook up does anyone know how to do it other then the cassette adapter?

342.jpg

Comments

• drfinkdrfink Wagonist
    There's a few online companies that will modify old OEM head units to accept aux input for people doing restorations, etc.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    The modification would be easier if you had a CD port. I'd just buy something that has a port already. Crutchfield.com has a large variety as well as awesome customer service. Just my 2 cents and I am pretty wiring savvy.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    The modification would be easier if you had a CD port. I'd just buy something that has a port already. Crutchfield.com has a large variety as well as awesome customer service. Just my 2 cents and I am pretty wiring savvy.

Thats not even remotely helpful to what he asked....
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    I currently have a after market head unit in the car now that accepts iPod so I'm not worried about that. I'm not sure how it works but would there be some way to wire something like this.

ipod
    Jack wire
    switch
    jack wire
    split jack wire to speakers

so you would flip the switch on it will send the sound to the speakers. I have no clue how music wiring works so maybe I'm just a idiot.
    and the switch would also have to be tied into the radio some how
    503Wagon wrote: »
    Thats not even remotely helpful to what he asked....

And yours was? Interjecting with your opinion unrelated to the topic?
    I currently have a after market head unit in the car now that accepts iPod so I'm not worried about that. I'm not sure how it works but would there be some way to wire something like this.

ipod
    Jack wire
    switch
    jack wire
    split jack wire to speakers

so you would flip the switch on it will send the sound to the speakers. I have no clue how music wiring works so maybe I'm just a idiot.
    and the switch would also have to be tied into the radio some how

I am pretty sure the only way this would work, is to splice entirely into the wiring directly to the speakers audio only, leaving power available by the head unit/car. Usually, from what I have seen and done, is you tap into the wiring for XM, CD players or alike to accommodate this. I have done a little research and haven't found much regarding this but I haven't spent much on it by any means. Keep in mind, my daily job is to troubleshoot, repair, fabricate and modify wiring harnesses, equipment wiring, comm cords, headsets, etc. so I am relatively knowledgeable on these things.
    gotcha thanks man
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    SOME, not all Tape players can be modified to take a AUX in (I dont know the finer details sorry) but there is a guy on a NZ Forum doing it with 80's JDM Tape Decks for his 80's cars

From what I can tell you need to be able to access the Pre-Amp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxFXbPjixKw
    And then you can do this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5RbweQvoc
    Thats pretty muchly what i want to do thanks for the links man!
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    And yours was? Interjecting with your opinion unrelated to the topic?

I didn't have any info on the subject thus why I left my opinion out of it. You on the other hand went completely off topic of what he asked, therefor I interjected in hopes you don't do something dumb again.