engine bay clean up.

Okay. Im not sure this is the correct place to put this but seeing as how it is not a performance mod i didnt feel it fit in the engine section.
I want to completely shave my engine bay and go nuts in there with some top secret goodness 8) however, i can not find a cut and dry how to on this. Ive looked here and many other honda based sights. This question always gets followed up by people arguing about weather or not you should or should not do it yada yada yada, argue argue argue. With that being said please spare me and if you have advise id be your best friend
I want to get rid and or relocate all of this stuff... but id really like to pitch all in the trash.343.jpg

Comments

• delsol8017delsol8017 Band Wagon
    Ill give you the basic lowdown of a wire tuck. Here's what you can do depending on what you wanna get rid of (ac, power steering, washer bottle, etc)

Headlight harness that runs around the strut towers can be pulled in through the firewall and out through the hole inside the cabin by the doors. This will allow you to run those wires down along the side of the frame rails to the headlights. Of curse sometimes wires do have to be extended by cutting and solderings.

Next is your main engine harness. There are companies out there that do make engine harnesses for a living (ryan from rywire) and I recommend you getting one from someone who has done them before. That way it has a
    guarentee that the car will start and run again. Problem is that these can run anywhere from $500-1,000 depending on how you want it built. (Loom or heat shrink, mililary plug or straight through)

Then there's fuel line tucking and brake tucking.

For the brakes, the hardline pipe on all honda's is 3/16's I do believe. You'll need a bender and a cutter to be able to run the hardline. You also might want to convert to a/n fittings too. This will make finding fitting alot easier also.

For the fuel lines, its basically the same steps as the brake lines but you can use braided a/n hose and a/n fittings
  • Mandalore88Mandalore88 Senior Wagonist
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t= ... l+canister

is an exact answer you are looking for. the custom engine bay thread on HT is a great source of info as well.
  • Check out my build I just painted and just moved the wire a little lower nothing too crazy but looks good

http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?8982-Utah-s-only-B-series-WAGON/page4
  • Here is another one I've done what I do is pull all the plugs from shock tower an put them inside take the wire loom off and pull the slack from the wire re tape and loom this one dont have the loom but might wive you an idea on the right side you can see the harness in front of coolant bottle and the other side it goes Right by the tranny mount harness was not cut just moved

642.jpg