Help choosing my new shoes!!

I can't decide what I want and need some help from my fellow wagoneers!!
Im hung up between two.

(1) 15x8 +20 Rota Plus Zero in Black
(2) 15x8 +10 Rota Shakotans

Both will be wrapped with 195/45/15's and my RT is Factory Golden!
help me make up my mind!

Comments

• Neither, will look like poop.

Needs at least a +35 offset and a 205/50-15 tire.

949racing 6UL, 15x8 +36 and 205/50-15 Kumho XS. Clears with less than -2° camber in the front and -1° in the back.

682.jpg

You can also find other 15x8 and 15x9 options on TireRack by searching under the Miata STR Class vehicle.

15x8 +35 Kosei K1 look pretty good on the 4th Gens.
  • You'r only two options are Rota? I'm afraid I can't help you Sir. :[
  • Well I'm open to suggestions. Money is no object. It's just that I live in Texas and I drive a lot of country back roads and some gravel roads on occasion. I don't really want any rare JDM wheels and I don't need anything for the track. That's why I think rota would be a good choice givin my position. Maybe some Stance wheels? I'll post a couple pics of my wagon and suspension setup to help.
  • So, you drive gravel roads and you want to stretch a 195 on an 8" wheel?
  • Get a set of neo-chrome Work Meisters! 15x7.5 and you shouldn't have any excessive camber to get low. (Pictured wheels definitely don't appear to be anything less than 8" wide, lol)

w3.jpg
  • Prolly not the type of gravel you are thinking of. More pea gravel around here. But a 195/45/15 is very little stretch. It's just barely inside the rim. A 195 is 7.67 inches. I could understand a 165/45/15 being out of bounds but a what I have in mind is very marginal. I am by no means a noob with Hondas or wheel offsets. I was just looking for a little input or ideas that I may not be able to come up with on wheel selection for my RT. Just a chance for someone on here to pick out some wheels for a clean EE and see how they look on it after I purchase them. But where I live I don't want Racing Harts, Mugens, or Grahmlights.

My suspension mods are..

K-Sport Kontrol Pro coil overs
    K-Sport rear LCAs
    K-Sport rear Camber
    K-Sport rear Toe
    Skunk 2 Front UCAs

So I have room for all kinds of adjustment. It's all new with 0 miles.
  • Now those are some nice wheels sir! Those are very loud and I do likey! :encouragement:
    Any known places you recommend for purchase and pricing?
  • Austhaboss wrote: »
    Now those are some nice wheels sir! Those are very loud and I do likey! :encouragement:
    Any known places you recommend for purchase and pricing?

I can't recommend a place to purchase them, and I believe you would have to add that finish to them, but I would purchase them from a private seller and they look quite dapper done up with white spokes!
  • Yeah if I could pick some up for about $1k-$1200 I would be down. Then get them work'd up a bit. Yeah think white spokes with the Neo chrome rim would be killer! I'll have to bury my face in the computer for a few hours and see what I can come up with.

And if anyone else has other suggestions feel free! Love the ideas!
  • That would be legit dude!
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    gravel you say? money not a problem ehh? unique? look no further!

http://www.braidusa.com/comp_cast.htm

125.jpg
  • Abide wrote: »

Looking more towards street first. But I will definitely keep those in my prospects. Wouldn't mind having an extra set of rally wheels with some A/T tires to utilize my 4WD system! Lol Thanks
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    Austhaboss wrote: »
    Abide wrote: »

Looking more towards street first. But I will definitely keep those in my prospects. Wouldn't mind having an extra set of rally wheels with some A/T tires to utilize my 4WD system! Lol Thanks

http://texasrallysport.com/ not too far from ya, i may make a few events this year if i can repair mine to rally duty
  • Here she sits now!!
    137.jpg
  • deeepdeeep Band Wagon
    I got a integra i built for my gurl it got 205 50 15 on her dropped to were mudflaps had to be removed on drag d 12 gold rims matter of fact civic of month rims has them on his its a sexy look and they look good on wago
  • Abide wrote: »
    Austhaboss wrote: »

http://texasrallysport.com/ not too far from ya, i may make a few events this year if i can repair mine to rally duty

Wow! I haven't even heard of that. I may have to check that out if I'm not out of town during an event. Thanks for sharing that.
  • carlos ecarlos e New Wagonist
    212.jpg

Rotas make's replica's.
  • I'm kinda thinking XXR 531's (CCW Reps)! Here's a couple pics I photoshopped to see how it would look. What do y'all think? I believe they are 15x8 +25 and I'd like 195/50/15 BFG Gforce Sport Comp 2's.

226.jpg
  • JVracerJVracer New Wagonist
    I like the xxr 531 but i wish i could actually see them on and a little lower. But great photoshop sir
  • Well you're in luck bud. Ordered the wheels, tires, Neo chrome extended lug nuts, flush mount valve stems, and skunk2 front uppers! I travel out of state but they are already showing up at my door back home. Will have plenty of pics when I get home and installed. Also throwing on a JDM Sohc ZC (non vtec) so I can drive this beast for the first time.

Thanks for all the help everyone, it's comin together. Ill probably start a build thread after i get it goin. And BTW I went 15x8 +20 on the XXR 531's so should look nice.
  • AusthabossAusthaboss Band Wagon
    http://instagram.com/p/aehkCvm29C/

Here is where I am now. Been awhile but I'm gonna do a build thread soon! Just been really busy at work. It has all the goodies!
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Are you going to lower it more, seems to have just a little too much poke. Its looks great though. I've always liked the 531's.