searched but didn't find. Stock RT spring rates?

Anyone know what the stock spring rates are for the 88 RT? I'm looking at upgrading my suspension for my daily. I've been through the suspension opinion thread and will be taking it into consideration. Just looking for a baseline. I'm leaning towards progress suspension and will add my thoughts on it to the suspension thoughts thread if I go that route. If you could provide the link that would be awesome too (I'm sure it's here somewhere, just not finding it atm).

Comments

• SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    It's pretty much set it up like your CRX.The rear is a variable rate spring .It's about 100-228 lbs/in.(4wd wgn).
  • Awesome, thanks. So I'll probably go for the 350/250 or 350/350. Just read something about the crx rear sway bar being an easy fit. gonna go search that out. :)
  • I am a Noob when it comes to spring rates but if you use a 350/350 setup wont the rear be sitting higher then the front considering it doesnt have as much weight?
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    I am VERY surprised to find the RT rear spring being a 100-228 progressive spring. I thought if anything a 100-190 spring.

I just put OEM ITR springs (250f - 140/250r progressive) on Koni Yellows and the front is about 1" lower on the lowest pirch and the rear is .5" lower on the middle pirch. it could be lowered another .75" to the lower pirch.

Suspension setups are completely relative to how you use your car, what your roads are like, and weather conditions.
    where i live... if half of you guys even considered driving up here between november and march, you would have another thing coming. Hence why i chose what i did. For the money i spent I could have bought something else with a crap adjustable ride height, but i wanted quality and good RIDE QUALITY. The Koni Yellow / ITR spring & top hats, imo, is how the suspension should have been from the factory, pleasing to most drivers, but a touch on the stiff side for some.

http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?16304-Koni-Yellows-amp-OEM-ITR-Springs&highlight=koni

side note: adding the rear swaybar will make almost as big a difference as any suspension setup you put on. i just did it last week. Do yourself a favor and may as well get some godspeed or whatever rear LCA's with the threaded holes and new bushings. i've had mine a year and no issues at all. virtually as cheap as just doing oem bushings but a lot easier.
  • Good to know! Really interested in the rear sway bar, might do that next weekend. I'm wanting good ride quality with a nice flat feel in the corners. I put the progress 350/250 on a buddies hatch and it was amazing! That's why I'm interested in it, but The wagon is heavier so I figured I could get away with the 350/350 on it without making it too harsh. Did the sway bar stiffen the suspension as far as bumps go? His hatch is just a wee bit stiff but not intolerable in any sense of the word and stays almost perfectly flat hitting a fairly sharp zig zag at 50 mph (with no sway bars).