Round Peg in a Square Hole - DOHC ZC Wiring

I got my zc into my wagon last night and started hooking everything up today. All was going well until i came across this.
505.jpg

Apparently the harness I got with my ZC Has a different plug on the drivers side fender by the resistor box than my stock motor had. Can I pull the pins out of the rectangular plug and move them to the round plug and have them work? Or should I pull that harness back out of the engine and swap out for my stock one. I was orginally thinking repin but the more and more i look at the harness on the motor I think the one on my stock motor is in a lot better shape. Any idea what's going on here though.

And in a related question if I do switch to my stock harness do I need to repin the dizzy plug. I have an RT4WD wagon so I'm pretty sure it's an SI harness to begin with so I think I don't have to repin in that case but I've been getting mixed signals on this.

Comments

• CharbCharb Administrator
    woodi wrote:
    Can I pull the pins out of the rectangular plug and move them to the round plug and have them work?

Yes. That's what I did.
  • woodiwoodi Wagonist
    Good to hear. What did you do about the extra two wires?
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    There is also an adapter sold on Egay for like 15 bucks.
  • theidealonetheidealone New Wagonist
    Or you could just use your original MPFI harness. Only thing you would have to do, is wire the blue/yellow and blue/green to the cylinder position sensor, instead of the dizzy. Probably a LOT easier.
  • itsbojangusitsbojangus Band Wagon
    Super old thread and im sorry but I am super stuck on this one, what do I do with the extra two wires? Im doing something wrong, the motor isnt starting! I used the zc harness.
  • itsbojangusitsbojangus Band Wagon
    woodi wrote: »
    Good to hear. What did you do about the extra two wires?
    What did you do with the extra 2 wires?? IM getting code 15 and messed up idle :(