1988 DX sedan

2»

Comments

• Prennro wrote: »
    So much Awesome in here! Great collection of OEM Parts sir! Those mats FTW... Keep at it.

Thanks sir! I have a few other things coming as well, safe to say I am done placing these large orders; one of which is a crucial part that I was skeptical that I would ever find new... Well a few things actually :P Soon I will start saving some cheddar for fresh paint and a motor; after I get the wagon running of course.
  • 756.jpg
    757.jpg
    New audio set up
    758.jpg
    Dissecting my power folding mirrors, having some issues with the drivers side mirror folding. The motor is fine but it needs a little nudge to fold in and out. I inspected all of the gears and couldn't find the culprit, I ended up giving up for the time being.
    759.jpg
    760.jpg
    761.jpg

Chrome ring finally installed on my window cranks, still need to find two for the rear windows.
    762.jpg

Lots of photo's from last nights meet, a few random ones in the mix as well.
    763.jpg
    764.jpg
    765.jpg
    766.jpg
    767.jpg
    768.jpg
    769.jpg
    770.jpg
    771.jpg
    772.jpg
    773.jpg
    774.jpg
    775.jpg

Picked up these two sets of BNIB rear flaps, one set for the wagon and the other for the sedan. :D
    18.png
    19.png

And a few things I picked up
    Oem front bumper, just needs some paint. The Si lip fits perfect :cool:
    776.jpg
    777.jpg
    778.jpg
    779.jpg
    780.jpg
  • Wow, all these new parts, x2 for the time machine! This sedan looks amazing! Awesome work dude.
  • Wow, all these new parts, x2 for the time machine! This sedan looks amazing! Awesome work dude.

Thanks dude! I can't wait till I am able to install everything.
  • Not much has changed lately on the sedan, although I have been working on a few little projects here and there.. And of course buying random parts impulsively. Here are a few recent pictures.
    255.jpg

Cut some holes and made some grommets for my fog lights on the OEM front bumper I picked up a few months back. Also started sanding down the spare front and rear bumpers.
    256.jpg
    257.jpg
    258.jpg
    259.jpg
    260.jpg
    261.jpg

Also started cleaning up two sets of wheels:
    1985-1987 SI wheels, I have a full set that I got for a steal but one of the wheels was sand blasted so the finish will not be the same as the other three. Shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement though.
    262.jpg
    263.jpg

I picked these 14" CF-48's with aero covers for a great deal from Japan, over all the wheels are in fair shape. Only two small spots that need some metal and two tiny bends. Nothing that can't be repaired.
    264.jpg
    265.jpg
    266.jpg
    266.jpg

First round of polishing
    267.jpg

Some spots have deeper scratches around the lip than others, I'm worried that sanding some of these spots will ruin the finish.
    268.jpg

Picked these headlight covers up as well, the only information I know about them is they came from Australia.. I have seen a few sets of hatchback and crx headlight covers but this is the only sedan set I have come across.
    269.jpg
    270.jpg
    271.jpg

Also finally acquired a hood bra bag and instructions for my full nose mask, now I have the complete set!
    272.jpg
    273.jpg

Hopefully after the holidays I will find a cheap daily to start tearing into this thing, so ready for it!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    I love all the parts your collecting! I guess them aero covers for the cf-48's are hard to come by? I rarely see them on them on the wheels.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Those mugen rims!

LOVE them.
  • RobbRobb Wagonist
    You have some nice rare parts and accessories for sure !
  • SPW wrote: »
    I love all the parts your collecting! I guess them aero covers for the cf-48's are hard to come by? I rarely see them on them on the wheels.
    Robb wrote: »
    You have some nice rare parts and accessories for sure !
    BillBoard wrote: »
    Those mugen rims!

LOVE them.

Thanks guys! Yeah, the aero covers are very hard to find and are often more expensive than the wheels. I was lucky enough to get them from a Japan auction for a great price. On the hunt for a DD at the moment, hopefully that means the body work will begin on the sedan!
    what did you use for the foglight surround? the rubber black tubing stuff??? is that the OEM surround that comes with the fog lights?
  • PM'd ya Bill.
  • Almost been two months since my last update.. :shock:

Progress has been slow, the motor for my wagon is slowly starting to get re-assembled. I just started school at my local community college this week for auto body, should be a great learning experience. But working a full time job and going to school is going to be hectic; long story short the sedan is not going to see much progress for the next few months. Although towards the end of the semester I will be able to bring it in to work on at our body shop. Hopefully the wagon will be up and running by the time the weather starts to get warmer! Here are a few pictures to give you guys an idea of where she sits now.
    190.jpg
    191.jpg
    192.jpg
    193.jpg
    194.jpg
    195.jpg
    196.jpg
    197.jpg
    198.jpg
    199.jpg

Felt the urge to put the NOS rear upper seat skin on:
    200.jpg
    201.jpg

Picked up a new set of hub caps off ebay:
    202.jpg

And a few more pieces to the puzzle from Honda:
    203.jpg
    204.jpg
    205.jpg

Picked up a set of center caps for my phone dials:
    206.jpg

And my new daily, 2015 6MT EX Fit! Got a few accessories for it, no other plans for it besides some spacers and some lowering springs. So far it has been a great car!
    207.jpg
    208.jpg
    209.jpg
    210.jpg
    211.jpg
    212.jpg
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    So you purchased the Fit huh... nice! Seen you post up those's accessories on another page and was thinking wow. Honda needs to release more interior accessories for my Ridgeline all the other models got way more love.
  • :encouragement:

235.jpg
    Its like an access catalog up in this bitch. <---- I don't really talk like that. "up in this bitch" who am I?...

Anyways, I love the FIT, The new ones are awesome- I love the front end for some reason. Super cool.
  • Some unbelievably rare parts there, great work
  • Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just stumbled onto it somehow and read threw it, now I'm wondering what happened to the build? Anyone know? I was looking forward to seeing all those NOS parts installed.