The 'what's it worth?' thread for buying and selling

Comments

• RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    So my engine took a poo on me recently..cylinder #1 isnt moving. Curious what you guys think I could get for the car as-is..I am contemplating swapping an engine in but not sure if its worth the cost and effort.

91 RT4wd
    AC
    3.5" oem lift with 2k on it
    new valve cover gasket, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter
    CRX Si seats and overall nice interior, decent head unit with cd/audio in
    Awesome wheels (949 6ul 15x8) with new goodyear snow tires on em
    New front axles
    Body is in nice shape..some very minor rust on one or two doors
    Id probably remove the roof rack..at least box/bike racks

121.jpg
  • I think Bill needs a project AND he is nearby you :encouragement:
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    [QUOTE=RoyMan;226898I am contemplating swapping an engine in but not sure if its worth the cost and effort.[/QUOTE]

Come on bro its always worth fixing, its a WAGON!!

Around these parts "Kentucky" you could get $1800 easy maybe as high as $2500.
    But civic wagons are very hard to come by here, especially the RT's.
    D16a6 and z6, are easy to find and cheap!!

If you were local and I had not found my wagon yet, I would pay up to $2200.

Every time I'm at the gas station somebody always throws an offer at me..
    I tell them every time, I don't want to sell, but $10,000 would change my mind!!
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    whats Bill's username? Id love to sell to an enthusiast if I did that.. my biggest problem with going out and finding an a6 or z6 is the time/transport. This is my DD so I would have to ride my motorcycle around to do that and then get a friend to help pull the engine at a junkyard or whatever. Unlikely..thats why im looking at the more expensive online route for an engine.
  • napalysnapalys Band Wagon
    Hey, did somebody knows how much i could get for front heated seats of ee5(4gen civic sedan rtsi) with full wiring and buttons? Its OEM. Thanks.
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    RoyMan wrote: »
    So my engine took a poo on me recently..cylinder #1 isnt moving. Curious what you guys think I could get for the car as-is..I am contemplating swapping an engine in but not sure if its worth the cost and effort.

91 RT4wd
    AC
    3.5" oem lift with 2k on it
    new valve cover gasket, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter
    CRX Si seats and overall nice interior, decent head unit with cd/audio in
    Awesome wheels (949 6ul 15x8) with new goodyear snow tires on em
    New front axles
    Body is in nice shape..some very minor rust on one or two doors
    Id probably remove the roof rack..at least box/bike racks

121.jpg

Happy times...I decided to get a DOHC ZC to drop into it..once its up and running ill probably drive it for a little while but will eventually sell it. What do you guys think of the value with a nice new low mile working engine in it then??
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    $3000 - 3500. depends how it cleans up and the mechanical condition. much less if you keep it lifted. that's a tiny market.
  • +1 to what Quarters said. My point of negotiation on price would be in getting it to stock height if someone were actually motivated to sell it. A few people like them lifted, more like them lowered. I like them as near stock height as possible but that's just me. You might luck out and find someone who wants it lifted and this is just what they want, but it is very much niche.
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    Interesting. Ive been seeing them for more than that around Denver last I checked but ill have to keep an eye on it. will hopefully be driving it for at least this summer. I shoulda kept the stock suspension parts..oops. Thanks guys!
  • Yeah, you might luck out in your location with that setup. And yes always keep the stock parts handy unless they are broken beyond repair. Fortunately suspension stuff is still somewhat universal so no terrible loss there.
  • WannabeWannabe Band Wagon
    https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5069419181.html

is that car salvageable? I might be interested.
  • Holy shit, with a katana and everything. What a tool. At least he's protecting his razor scooter with that bamboo curtain.

It seems with that care you're paying a lot for the looks. Which if that's the look you're going for then it seems like an all right price. Nothing really done to it than cosmetics. If that mileage is legit though, that's pretty decent.

I'd definitely run a carfax on it though before I believed in any second owner only 89,000 miles jive.
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5031141670.html

told me he wont take less than 5 for it.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    That might be the only wagon under 100k miles left dude.....and ridiculously clean.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5087079303.html

he has it listed for 3. I offered 2. He says he wont take less than 3200....
    Wannabe wrote: »
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5031141670.html

told me he wont take less than 5 for it.

got him down to 4 thousand.

Any input on whether or not i should go for it?
  • Posting is dead now, I forget which one it was, it wasn't that damn samurai sword thinger was it?
    It is a bone stock brown 2wd with 99k miles. Garaged its whole life. Clean carfax

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5097471376.html
  • If it's super mint, yeah could be worth it.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Why would you pay $4k for a completely stock automatic 2wd with auto belts?

There's no logical reason really.

Spare me the mileage discussion. It's still well over 20 years old and will need plenty of work in the coming years, especially if you plan to drive it.

You're better off buying a $2k wagon and putting $2k into it. JMHO
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator

I don't see why you are arguing with this seller. If he's done the work claimed and with quality parts, $3000 seems quite reasonable.
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist

That RT is worth 3K
  • La Zona ImageryLa Zona Imagery New Wagonist
    Hey guys, can you give me your opinion on this deal? I found a wagon at a pick and pull about a 3 hour drive from me. I can't drive up there but someone agreed to pull the parts and deliver them to me:

passenger side fender: $75
    hood: $150

delivery $125

$350 total for these items. They are in good condition and matching paint with my wagon. Do you think it is worth it?
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Hey guys, can you give me your opinion on this deal? I found a wagon at a pick and pull about a 3 hour drive from me. I can't drive up there but someone agreed to pull the parts and deliver them to me:

delivery $125

$350 total for these items. They are in good condition and matching paint with my wagon. Do you think it is worth it?

The only thing killing the price is the delivery. Hood is a bit high, but finding a good one, and one that matches is worth a little more IMO
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator

delivery $125

Looks fair to me. People's time is valuable, the delivery is taking up 6-7 hours of their time and fuel to get it to you. $75 + shipping seems to be the going rate for fenders on here and the price on the hood seems fair.
  • La Zona ImageryLa Zona Imagery New Wagonist
    Well the guy that was going to seel the fender + hood to me could not deliver them after all.

Anyhow, do you guys think two JDM fenders is worth $200?
  • wag_on11wag_on11 Band Wagon
    I'm new to the wagon scene and just fell in love with them when I saw one on the street. I dont know much about cars and just was looking for something reliable for a daily commuter, but am now obsessed on buying a wagon.
    In the bay area, and saw this posting on craigslist. vvvvv
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5345980392.html
    please let me know what you guys think, he said he would take 2400.
    I am planning on having a mechanic come out to check over the engine next time i meet with the seller.
    Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
    -Wag_on!
  • ManBunDanManBunDan Band Wagon
    Hey guys, this guy is selling his mum's "[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, Times New Roman, serif]1990 Honda Civic Wagon 4 cylinder, automatic with overdrive, crank windows, tires only have around 5,000 miles on them, A/C works. 186,000 miles. I have only used synthetic oil and tranny fluid in it since 1999, and it has always had regular oil changes. I am selling it for my mom, she is the second owner and has owned it since about 1995. It's a good little car and it still has some life left in it." That was directly from the ad, i test drove it, it handled really well, brakes were good, main relay is starting to go he said, definitely rust on the rear wheel wells, and I'm just wondering what you guys think its worth thanks a lot, I got a lot of love for this community!
    Pics: [/FONT]http://imgur.com/a/Wz08a[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, Times New Roman, serif]

[/FONT]
  • I have a 91 Rt4wd Civic but the differential is not working, how much should I expect to get for it?
  • Nowhere near enough information here to suggest a price.
    Dpayne823 wrote: »
    I have a 91 Rt4wd Civic but the differential is not working, how much should I expect to get for it?