88-91 All the Wiring Information You Could Need is in Here.

was searching for some info on plug wire colors to find out what was messed up on my harness and found this little list already made up figured id repost it

88-91 sensor wire colors:

EACV (IACV) - 2-wire connector (if car was DPFI, the connector is green) - one Blue with Yellow stripe and one Black with Yellow stripe
IAT - 2-wire connector - one Red with Yellow stripe and one Green with White stripe
Tandem Control Valve (on DPFI only) - 2-wire connector - one Solid Orange and one Black with Yellow stripe
TPS - 3-wire connector - one Yellow with White stripe, one Green with White stripe and one Red with Blue stripe
MAP - 3-wire connector - one Yellow with Red stripe, one Green with White stripe and one Solid White
FICV (Fast Idle Control Valve on 89-91 D16A6 only) - 2-wire connector - one Black with Yellow stripe and one Solid Blue
Cooling Fan Switch - 2-wire connector - one Yellow with Green stripe and one Solid Black
TW Sensor (Coolant Temp for ECU) - 2-wire connector - one Red with White stripe and one Green with White stripe
Temp Gauge Sending Unit - 1-wire connector - Yellow with Green stripe
Oil Pressure Sending Unit - - 1-wire connector - Yellow with Red stripe

-Distributor Pinouts ( obd1 - 2 included )
1.jpg?t=1267482570

JDM ZC Dizzy

20.jpg
ECU PINOUTS
1.png

These are the wire colors on the stock harness (most of them are the same for the non-Si models.

And these are the functions of the wires on the stock harness
21.jpg
DPFI TO MPFI from rywire
22.jpg
23.jpg
Picture
24.jpg

From 12volt

1988-91 Honda Civic Stereo Wiring

Constant 12V+
Blue/White

Switched 12V+
Yellow/Red

Ground
Black

Illumination
Red/Black

Dimmer
n/a

Antenna
Driver's Pillar

Front Speakers
6 1/2" Doors

Left Front (+)
Blue/Green

Left Front (-)
Gray/Black

Right Front (+)
Red/Green

Right Front (-)
Brown/Black

Rear Speakers
6 1/2" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+)
Blue/Yellow

Left Rear (-)
Gray/White

Right Rear (+)
Red/Yellow

Right Rear (-)
Brown/White

also from 12volt

1988-91 Honda Civic Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information

Constant 12V+
White
Ignition Switch Harness

Starter
Black/White
Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition
Black/Yellow
Ignition Switch Harness

Accessory
Blue/White
Ignition Switch Harness

Tach
Blue
Distributor

Brake Switch
Green/White
Brake Switch

Trunk Pin
Green/Black (-)
Harness from Dash INDICATOR

Parking Lights
Red/Black
Fuse Panel

Head Lamp
Red/Blue
Fuse Panel

Hood Pin
n/a

Factory Disarm
n/a

Door Trigger
Green/Red (-)
Driver's Kick

Door Lock
Green/White (-)
In Driver's Door at Door Lock Module

Door Unlock
Green/Red (-)

Horn Wire
Blue/Red (-)
Steering Column, use Relay

This info will be good for those of us who need to know the proper wires for making kill switches or remote starts / locks ect.

Heres a Link to a Thread discussing foglight wiring options
http://honda-tech.com/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/need-fog-light-diagram-2676448/
and
http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra-6/foglight-wiring-harness-solution-2657396/
and
2.png

maybe we can make it a thread where we post all the wiring colors or diagrams for future reference instances

thats about all i could think of that would come up
My gift to you fellow wagoneers have a happy new year folks

Comments

• Nice stuff there.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    gracias ill add more as i find more figure its just nice for future ref. to have it all in one place!
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    This is an old thread but really no sticky?! Bump for good info
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    Yes great thread!!

I'm still looking for a wiring diagram for the auto seat belts..
    All the repair manuals have nothing!!
    No luck on the 90-93 integra manuals ether??
  • This diagram?

96.jpg
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    Awesome thank you Sir!!
    Where is the automatic shoulder seat belt control unit located?
    Thanks
  • Is the IAT you show as having red/white and green/white wires the same thing as a coolant temperature sensor and if so, what does IAT stand for? Also, I have a ;91 5-door hatchback. Am I on the wrong forum?
  • no they are 2 different sensors. the iat is the intake air temperature sensor, or sometimes called the air charge temperature sensor. it is in the intake manifold, the coolant temp sensor is in the side of the head.
  • 5 door hatchback? i think you are on the right forum buddy!!! we call them wagons round these parts ^.^
  • Anyone know how to wire in the shift lockup solenoid in auto 88 wagovan? I have a manual harness and that solenoid is only thing keeping me from driving it
  • Yo Does anyone have easy link to how i wire up reverse lights? And fix parking break so i can take key out? Its Auto to manual swap on 91 dx

• This is all great stuff...but...I have a 91RT4WD. The positive battery cable has had the lug cut off. I have the red cover that holds the 2 20amp fuses that operate the slider seat belts, but no lug to connect to the battery post. And cannot find one with the proper orientation to allow the red cover with fuses to be installed. HOW CAN I WIRE THIS UP? I have read that if I do not wire up the seat belt wires that the car will not start. I would sooner replace the entire cable with new IF ONLY I knew how to do it. Not real good with electronics and wiring schematics so pictures or clear verbiage would be of great value.