Fourth Generation Factbook (EE/EY/EF)

13»

Comments

• wes wagonwes wagon Band Wagon
    Marc_EE9 wrote:
    its EY2
    ive never heard of an EY3 before. google returns 0 results also.
    ...or google returns over 42,000 results: Click Here. But I guess that depends on which number system you're using, the one everyone uses where all the numbers are a multiple of 1, or the one nobody uses where numbers are a multiple of 0!
    Marc_EE9 wrote:
    its EY2
    ive never heard of an EY3 before. google returns 0 results also.
    It's actually not EY2, it's EY3. Here:
    63.jpg

Or maybe I'm just biased because I drive one! :D
    64.jpg
  • Marc_EE9Marc_EE9 Senior Wagonist
    hmmm didn't come up with anything when I searched, maybe because its google.co.uk? new to me anyway. :D

EY2's do exist BTW, they are a JDM model. ;)
    Marc_EE9 wrote:
    hmmm didn't come up with anything when I searched, maybe because its google.co.uk? new to me anyway. :D

EY2's do exist BTW, they are a JDM model. ;)

Yeah. I think they are a Shuttle, right? I thought you might be across the pond... I'll leave all that Shuttle business to you guys!

One man's Wagovan, another man's Shuttle. :lol:
    Haydz wrote:
    Nope, sounds like you have a Civic Pro. Civic Pro was the name they gave to the JDM version of the Wagovan (the base trim). The Civic Pro usually has an EY2 Chassis code and either a 1.3 or 1.5L motor. Always carburettored.

or Civic Pro, I guess. So, the EY2 is a Civic Pro in name and a Wagovan in spirit.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Yes it shares the single rear bench seat etc. with its USDM brother.

The Civic Pro was a bastard model. The EY2 is FWD and the EY4 is RT4WD. They are considerably lighter than the EFs and are absolute base level trim. They carried the bastard model on with the 'Partner', the tradesmans version of the Honda Orthia.
    The Partner, then, must have only been offered in 2wd - like the Wagovan - and the Orthia available with AWD like the EY4.
    BTW, the first post has the USDM Wagovan listed as an EY2 as well... I mean, Haydz can you change it?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    It's relevant to the discussion for me to make a 5th gen section too.. I'll check out the EY3 thing.
    Haydz wrote:
    It's relevant to the discussion for me to make a 5th gen section too.. I'll check out the EY3 thing.

Totally. I think I saw you have another thread somewhere for the Partner, Orthia etc.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    If anyone could provide an update to any of these or fill in missing curb weights, accessories or even additional specs it would be much appreciated. I plan to link this to other information such as maintenance schedules and relative sources of information.
  • r8edmr8edm Wagonist
    Cheers for this thread, as a newbie to shuttle/Ef's this is a great source.
  • Any specs on Australian models?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    My understanding is they are very similar to the Civic Pro line - carburettor. Do you have one that we can look at the VIN/Chassis code from?
  • 1989 rt 4wd civic wagon.
    Vin:jhmee37200s000185
    Eng:d15b41003235
    Buying it this Saturday. Has air con and pwr steering
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    D15B4 RT4WD - looks to be the same spec as an EF4.
    That VIN is an Aussie tag, do you know the original Chassis code by chance? That will tell us a lot.
  • I don't unfortunately, I'll update this on Saturday after pickup.
    Thanks for the replys.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    This chassis code is for a 1991 Shuttle RTi Limited Edition model. I'm posting it here in case people need to use it to lookup parts.

EF5-3302728

341.jpg
  • sayurasemsayurasem New Wagonist
    Nice now i know exactly what kind of car i have. So i guess the thread ''its not a wagovan'' would be false info? Because there is such thing as wagovan, just very specific model
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The thread 'it's not a wagovan' is about RT4WD cars. ;)
  • Mel-a-roniMel-a-roni Band Wagon
    So I'm new to the site so hopefully someone can help me. We've had a 1988 Wagovan since September (I looked it up on this most helpful thread. It's an EY3) and just bought a 1989 Honda Civic Wagon with rt4wd (EE4). The 89 is wrecked in the front but the rt4wd swap is what were looking at along with everything under the hood (engine, tranny etc. ). We are wanting to take everything the 89 has including the rt4wd and swapping it into our 88 wagovan. Would everything be compatible? I've asked several people but noone who has heard of such a swap or if we could even get through the swap without a couple modifications. Our hopes are everything just bolts right up. Please disregard this thread if I'm off topic. Thanks!
  • Zwierzak89Zwierzak89 New Wagonist
    Guys i'm wondering what about my wagon.

Civic Shuttle RTi INTRAC
    JDM 89-91
    Chassis Code: E-EF5
    Engine Code: ZC (SOHC)
    Drivetrain: 6MT, 4AT, RT4WD, LSD
    Curb Weight:
    Standard: roof racks, bronze tint, headlight washers
    Accessories: ALB

It's similar to this but it's d16z2 with gray interior...