Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    does the same place not powder coat that blasted it? I would watch out how long that sits for it could start building a corrosion film on it being raw metal
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Nah they didn't. Thanks for letting me know about that surface rust possibility! But if it's stored in the back of my wagon it would still build surface rust that quickly? But no worries! I'm going to get it powder coated next week.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Ordered and installed some more cup holders for the rear passengers.
    253.jpg
    254.jpg
    Happened to find the same exact wood bead chair cover on amazon so I got one for my passenger side.
    255.jpg
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Looking very nice sir!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks simplyhonda!
    So I noticed my left headlight was leaking a bit and I remember seeing simplyhonda blacking out the inside of his headlights so Ima attempt that. So
    I started off by detaching the headlight from the housing, cleaning the glass inside and out, and removing the old sealant . So I was a little surprised about putting the headlights in the oven but did it and came out with great results! It made it a lot easier to detach the glass from the housing.
    329.jpg
    The glass had some green paint on it from the paint job that was done before I got the car so I might as well clean it up along with scraping the glue off the glass. Have some comparisons from before and after.
    330.jpg
    331.jpg
    332.jpg
    333.jpg
    Back to scraping!
    Nice! Oven trick does the job. Lots of scraping isn't it?? Good luck with it!
  • el_wagovanel_wagovan Band Wagon
    Great bulb, love everything you have done so far. Im really interested in insralling a cargo cover or rear shelf in my wagon. Where did you get yours?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Nice! Oven trick does the job. Lots of scraping isn't it?? Good luck with it!
    Tell me about it. It took about an hour and a half just to scrape the paint and glue off! But it will certainly be worth it at the end. :)
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    el_wagovan wrote: »
    Great bulb, love everything you have done so far. Im really interested in insralling a cargo cover or rear shelf in my wagon. Where did you get yours?
    Thanks for kind comment man and yah its very usefull to hide your stuff under. But I got mine from a thrift store for 8 bucks. Just some minor modification to make it work. As far from what car its from because it's surely from a car, I have no idea. But that makes one thing from my car unique from others you know.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    So wanted to post some pics of my sticker collection lol.
    347.jpg
    348.jpg
    349.jpg
    350.jpg
    351.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    I like the CivicWagon.com and save a wagon stickers.

Why dont you delete the rear wiperarm?
    10 minute job, and you can replace it with a rubber cap from under the hood of a 92-95 civic so the hole is closed.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Vladi wrote: »
    I like the CivicWagon.com and save a wagon stickers.

Why dont you delete the rear wiperarm?
    10 minute job, and you can replace it with a rubber cap from under the hood of a 92-95 civic so the hole is closed.
    Thanks! And I was trying to take it off a couple months ago but it wouldn't come out for some reason. But Ima try it again today.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Flip the wiper arm to "maintenance" and pull. Sometimes it helps to punch on it first.

They can be pretty stuck so dont be too gentle.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    I just read your post and I wasn't to gentle I just ended up sawing it off out of frustration haha. Also, what is the cap you speak of? You have the part number for it? Thanks for the help.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Took a break from scraping for two weeks or so and came right back at it today. Finished up the second piece of glass and the first housing. A little tip about taking this sealant off. Scrape off all the big chunks of sealant and then soak the little bits and pieces of sealant with goo gone. Man this stuff ate right through that sealant! It makes the sealant all gooey and it comes right off with the use of that scraper in the pic. So next step is to complete the other housing and paint the inside off the housing black.
    48.jpg
    49.jpg
    Tools of the trade:
    50.jpg
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    lookin good man!!
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    Tip top work my friend!

I still can't get over how clean your interior is
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    lookin good man!!
    Thanks man appreciate it!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    RoRo wrote: »
    Tip top work my friend!

I still can't get over how clean your interior is
    Thank you! I'm lucky to be one of the few with a clean interior haha.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    So cleaned the second housing up and started to mask and paint the inside black with some rust-oleum Specialty high heat paint. Wanted to get the first one close to done today but Michaels isn't open to fetch some of that Martha Stewart glitter Simplyhonda used. :/ Here are some pics.
    106.jpg
    107.jpg
    108.jpg
    Also, CYA powder coating (Very cool people) quoted me $70 bucks to get the bull bar powder coated and that's included with delivery back to my house. So I plan to drop it off Monday and get it back the same week.
    Awesome! Have fun with that glitter paint my friend! Lol.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Awesome! Have fun with that glitter paint my friend! Lol.
    I see what you mean lol.

So I finished up on the first housing. I applied 8 coats which I waited an hour in between each coat. The first coat was just spots of glitter everywhere. But it needs lots of coats to get that very shiney coat like simplyhonda said. Here are some pics.
    220.jpg
    221.jpg
    Also, my dad scored this rear view mirror at the thrift store for 3 bucks. It even has a LED light in it! :cool:
    222.jpg
    So I'm on my 3rd coat on the other housing so the glitter fun will be over tomorrow. :disturbed:
    Hahaha... ;) Looking good though!
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    Head lights look awesome dude!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Hahaha... ;) Looking good though!
    Haha it was good. An hour after I glued it up, I remembered that I didn't put that little metal piece that goes inside the headlight. :mad: So I scraped the glue off the housing this morning and going to get back at the glass when I get back
    Home from work.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Head lights look awesome dude!
    Thanks man! I mounted it to check out on how it looked and it' pretty awesome. It's time consuming but it will be well worth it at the end.
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    yeah I've done it a couple times to some EG headlights, it's so easy since they are glass, and I'm going to do it to my USDM wagon headlights too just incase I want to switch from my EDM ones

im also "in the process" of doing a retro fit to my spare DA 1 piece headlights and its scary since they are plastic !
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    yeah I've done it a couple times to some EG headlights, it's so easy since they are glass, and I'm going to do it to my USDM wagon headlights too just incase I want to switch from my EDM ones

im also "in the process" of doing a retro fit to my spare DA 1 piece headlights and its scary since they are plastic !
    Yah dude plastic is much more prone to chipping than glass. And get to your wagon man! Haven't seen much updates recently.

Well I got the metal piece back in there and got it all glued up. I'll post some pics up tomorrow.
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    I'm busy right now with my hatch back (1 of 2) to replace
    my wagon as a daily since the wagon is pretty much a death trap at this point, I'm just waiting for a wheel to full off.

no joke...

and then I will be on with my other hatch back, then the integra most likely, and then my wagon since its going to need the most, and then my 2 trucks and race car are in the mix some where
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    That's crazy dude. How much cars does a man need!? You have like an assembly line going on haha. But you should definetly make a build thread for your hatch or any of your builds.