Options on carpet replacement?

2»

Comments

• knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    I was checking into carpet for my '89 and found this link place offering it for $140:
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/newark-auto-products-direct-fit-loop-carpet-kit/p2007231.jcwx?filterid=d894y1989j1

I wrote them and asked if it would fit my '89 Fwd Wagon and this was the response:

Hello knottyy,

The item will fit the follow models of the 89 Civic:

Wagovan
    Base
    DX
    LX
    RT 4WD
    Should you need more assistance please let us know.

Thank You
    Donald
    JC Whitney Customer Service

Hope this may help someone. I'll let you guys know if I buy it and give it a try. Did anyone ever try and put one of those eBay carpets in, and if so how did it go?
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Council Member
    I bought the carpet from jc Whitney. I will take pics of it.. Prob install it 2 weeks :)
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    Sweet, please do and report back. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see how it goes down, and hear about the install. Thanks!
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    Old Skool wrote:
    I bought the carpet from jc Whitney. I will take pics of it.. Prob install it 2 weeks :)

faster.
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    What is the difference in seat type for the carpet?
    There are two options for carpet. Bucket seats and Bench seats.
    How are the carpets different?
  • luis808luis808 Wagonist
    Very interested to see what comes about with the JC Whittney carpet. $140 is a great price.
  • the skeptic in me doubts our luck, but I'm in for an answer...
  • What is the difference in seat type for the carpet?
    There are two options for carpet. Bucket seats and Bench seats.
    How are the carpets different?
    Bench: Base Civic, Wagovan trim levels

Bucket: DX, RT4WD and Si trim levels
  • jessedmjessedm New Wagonist
    Any word on the carpet yet. I'm thinking of replacing mine aswell it's all worn out.
  • I emailed the manufacturer about the fitment, the catalog they had up was from 2007. So waiting on that, although the reviews from other people on JCwhitney about the company's carpets seem to be trending pretty low. Lot of the people seem to be complaining that it doesn't fit their car like it said. I hope Old Skool has better luck
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Council Member
    I will pull it out and take pics tomorrow.. I've put the 2wd on the backburner, since working on the '79 :).. I need to get back on it.. My jrsc showed up for the b16 :)
  • Post pics!!
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    Anxiously awaiting....
  • austin234austin234 Band Wagon
    any word on if it fits?
  • there is a wagon with blue carpet still in it i will check tomorrow in the condition its in and let you know
  • Aludew5Aludew5 Band Wagon
    I can't find it now... but I read somewhere online today that the Civic Sedan carpet was identical to the wagovan carpet. Why wouldn't civic sedan carpet offered from JCWhitney, an ebay dealer, etc. not work?

Can anyone sufficiently confirm or deny the sedan carpet will not fit the passenger section of the car?
  • bumping this up because i'm looking for carpet,

Knottyy or Old skool, if you guys are still around how did the installs go?
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    i am curious as well!
  • zachj23zachj23 Band Wagon
    bump....any word on any of these?