The 'what's it worth?' thread for buying and selling

Comments

• 90shuttle90shuttle Senior Wagonist
    Yeah... what he said. ^ 3500 is pushing it.

Unless you smoke carck and want 5000 for a 21 year old car lol.
  • hey guys i see i a nice wagon on ebay for sale just saying..4wd drive its a stick and nice paint combo..dont see them everyday..i also know where there is a blue one like a beater with a heater is on CL under binghamton,ny...
  • 1990 Honda Civic Wagon (not RWD). 5-speed. Odometer reading as of Nov. 23, 2011: 121,122 original miles (Chris's Honda Motorworks in Marietta, Ga can verify the miles are original). I am the second owner. Car well maintained with no accidents or issues. Car has a lifetime in Georgia. Curry Honda of Atlanta handled maintenance most of this car's life; see Carfax.

The wagon needs no repairs.

I recently had a new timing belt, AC and exhaust done on the wagon. I have all the receipts. Brand new Kenwood stereo and speakers with remote control; the stereo face is removable.

What would be a fair selling price?

Thank you for your time.

Julia
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    Guess people dont frequent this thread as much. Well still wondering how much a accord cargo cover would go for? 92 tan all hardware, also wondering what a blue da armrest would go for now? Thanks
  • H_civic66 wrote:
    Guess people dont frequent this thread as much. Well still wondering how much a accord cargo cover would go for? 92 tan all hardware, also wondering what a blue da armrest would go for now? Thanks

Just checked on ebay and saw a couple accord cargo covers for around $100.
  • What would a set of rt steelies with caps and lugs be worth?
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    so what is something like this worth? and it's blue for a wagon and don't forget the oem eq

2012-02-17123240.jpg
    schutt721 wrote:
    What would a set of rt steelies with caps and lugs be worth?

to me and still oem white, these with the caps are worth $200-$250. remember that's to me. i was offered a set with no caps and 2 painted black and 2 stripped for $90
  • For the blue console 250- 300 i would guess. sense i payed a decent price for my brown one.
    I have never seen a brown one, nor a blue one. so my purchase was well worth it to me.
    nice find and working a deal to get it. should have just bought the whole rt4 it was a fairly good looking car.
  • For the blue console 250- 300 i would guess. sense i payed a decent price for my brown one.
    I have never seen a brown one, nor a blue one. so my purchase was well worth it to me.
    nice find and working a deal to get it. should have just bought the whole rt4 it was a fairly good looking car.

That number sounds good to me! I've got the gray one, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that the gray is the more common of the colors. I guess that the eq is what goes in the little rectangular hole I have in mine above the cigarette lighter.
    thanks. it's the first i've seen as well. wonder how many are even around. maybe the rarest of parts
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    What about some edm mud flaps? They have a little drifferent 4wd logo, and it's white, they were taken off a shuttle. Thanks!
    What about some edm mud flaps? They have a little drifferent 4wd logo, and it's white, they were taken off a shuttle. Thanks!

any pics of them?

sounds interesting.....
    Yeah I will, I am having problems posting pic's from my iPhone, but I will be getting Internet soon at home, my girlfriend and I just moved to our new house, hehe I finally have a garage though! :D
    Yeah I will, I am having problems posting pic's from my iPhone, but I will be getting Internet soon at home, my girlfriend and I just moved to our new house, hehe I finally have a garage though! :D

just saw a pic of them on cl. you should also post them for sale here.
    Oh okay good idea, I will! I thought they are worth a solid $100
  • Anyone know the going rate for some Enkie Aeronautics? I posted them for $300, I have no center caps but they're in decent condition.

6942185257_89942ef1f1.jpg
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    spede18 wrote:
    H_civic66 wrote:

Just checked on ebay and saw a couple accord cargo covers for around $100.

Little late but, thanks. If i do decide to sell it you think 100.00 is a good price, considering one of only a few ways to have an oem honda cargo cover.
  • I have a 1987 Gold, with factory air, Realtime wagon with 195,000 on the body, 10,000 on a complete rebuild that I meticulously did myself including shaving the head 50 thousandths, pistons relieved to clear the valves, blueprinted, fine tuned timing to get 36 MPG. It still has 195 LBS compression per cylinder. New struts, clean interior, no rust, raised 3 inches, running P185/R80 13 mud tires with studs on matching gold snowflake aluminum mags. New brakes, and a CD player......Ford ranger crunched me, his insurance can't come up with comparables, they want to say it is worth $1200 and only pay me half after branding my title totaled since it has a broken headlight and marker light and the grill header is bent. I found and bought all the parts for $50 at the local wrecking yard, and once I get the header sprayed it will all bolt on in 1/2 hour. I can send pics via e-mail to any-one who can give me some advice.
    Thanks, real-ole-timer, Terry
  • MattKoMattKo Wagonist
    Since my thread was hijacked by the mods :P

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2913119360.html

I was wondering if this is actually an EX since it says 1.5L but looks to have the RT wheels. Any opinions would be super thanks.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    MattKo wrote:

I was wondering if this is actually an EX since it says 1.5L but looks to have the RT wheels. Any opinions would be super thanks.

Well, if you read more, you would know- RT's don't come with a 1.5 or as an Ex.

Yay for reading

edit: here's an even better idea- maybe contact the seller? I know it's a wacky idea...
  • MattKoMattKo Wagonist
    Since I have read much of the forums and I know your are a character Charb, I won't take offense. I haven't kept on the scene like I should so I apologize, but I figured since most of you are much smarter than me on the wagons I would ask someone who knew more. So thanks for the feedback. Also, I've called and emailed the seller and haven't gotten in contact with him yet. Thanks for all the advice charb!! :P
    Charb1618 wrote:
    MattKo wrote:

Well, if you read more, you would know- RT's don't come with a 1.5 or as an Ex.

Yay for reading

edit: here's an even better idea- maybe contact the seller? I know it's a wacky idea...
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    MattKo wrote:
    Since I have read much of the forums and I know your are a character Charb, I won't take offense. I haven't kept on the scene like I should so I apologize, but I figured since most of you are much smarter than me on the wagons I would ask someone who knew more.

serious?
  • figured i'd ask here, anyone know the going rate for a z6 head without the dizzy? found one locally on CL and the guy wont list a price, just looking for offers
  • 250-300 for a center console??? You guys are nuts. I do believe that is of the USDM variety and I paid 75 shipped for mine, and even the EDM model I was selling I was charging half of that. It might be time to get back into the wagon parts game if you guys are going to be paying that kind of cash for a pocket to throw trash and change in.
    figured i'd ask here, anyone know the going rate for a z6 head without the dizzy? found one locally on CL and the guy wont list a price, just looking for offers

My prices might be a bit low because of where I get my parts and who I know, but I got a complete Z6 head with intake manifold, all electronics, for 100, and a bare z6 head for 50.
  • zach1151 wrote:
    i know this site is "wagon" based but i can across a super clean 91 CRX SI. zero rust. gsr motor. needs head gasket and possibly a new trans. he wants 3000 firm. lemme know what you all think. im tryin to get a pic on here but isnt working

Don't do it!! 3000 would sound like a nice price if everything was working fine.
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    Hi all,
    Just found this thread and hoped I could tap into some of the expertise here. Am on the hunt for a wagon in the Seattle area, and there seems to be a decent amount around and popping up every other day or so. Have found a couple, and wanted to check your thoughts on the prices. Thanks in advance for any info.

89 Civic Wagon - 160k - Megan Racing Coilovers, Camber Kit, Short Shifter, etc.. Asking $3k. Was hoping to possibly offer $2,600
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2921055272.html

1990 civic wagon Rt 4wd Turbo - Rebuilt Engine, lots of engine mods, tuned, asking $5700. Seems like quite a bit, although I know a turbo kit and installation isn't that cheap either. I don't want someone's thrashed on ride either (not saying it is, but you don't install a turbo to not use it).
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2928236990.html

Thanks!!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2928236990.html
  • I personally think the 89 is a better buy....love the mugens. I would offer 2200 and go from there

If really interested in the RT Turbo i would ask for receipts and dates from the rebuild. Without those its likely a bald face lie. I wouldnt say this is too high for a properly built wagon.....but think this may be more in the 3000-3500 range without paperwork to backup build.
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    Thank you very much for the info Okiewagon1, I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
  • JonafinJonafin Wagonist
    I got offered a wagon armrest, he said great condition, top has been rewrapped.
    What's a good offer?
    2fb4b5d7.jpg
    d30ca251.jpg
    bceaac84.jpg