The 'what's it worth?' thread for buying and selling

Comments

• ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    I say we make it for everything to keep this forum clear of these types of questions.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    That was the intention of the thread.
  • tonytonestonytones Band Wagon
    Hey HCW members,

recently joined, I saw this CL post in my area: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2457114879.html

I'm assuming its an RT4WD. I've only done minor research on the car itself and I hope to get some good feedback from some solid HCW members.

5k is a bit much, isn't it? I dont know, maybe it's just me. Would love any feedback guys!
  • Fatty WagonFatty Wagon Band Wagon
    Okay this guy wants $2995 for an rt4wd wagon. Mint condition 184k miles... Blah blah blah, it's mint. Now my question is, like everyone elses, is it worth it. I'm looking for a project car to put a k swap in. But wagon parts being so impossible to find is it worth my time and money to buy a wago that I can only change the front seats? (I was kinda being sarcastic there)
  • i would say it's worth it with that low of miles and it's "mint" but i wouldn't waste an RT with a K swap, you should start with a FWD wagon in the same condition..... unless you want to do an AWD K23 turbo swap....

edit: is it civicboy's wagon up in the denver area? if so, looks like a very clean RT but i am going to stick with my "don't buy a RT then do a FWD swap, just buy a FWD instead of ruining/molesting the rarer(and more practical) 4wd version"
  • deejonazedeejonaze Band Wagon
    helloo, this is my first post! i've been reading this forum for the past few weeks and i'm a complete newb to cars so i need some advice.

what do you think of this wagon for $1250?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2484042778.html
    this was his older post with more details: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2481068170.html

i just saw it in person and the interior was FILTHY. also, the hood was a tiny bit "off" but the guy said he wouldn't worry about it cuz he showed me the support wasn't compromised. i didn't want to pull the trigger since this is my first car i'm purchasing on my own and the interior was a real turn off. it drove fine and no leaks which i know matters more.

thanks in advance!
  • d33kenwagond33kenwagon New Wagonist
    To whom ever asked if http://york.craigslist.org/cto/2525349815.html
    was a good deal or not? I was looking at this myself, I personally would contact the seller and ask for more pictures, some guys have tried scamming me telling me "AWD", when clearly it wasn't. If you have the money go for it. The windshield can be bought for about 150 dollars if you do enough research on craigslist for wagovan's being parted. If you dont like the automatic aspect, you can change it and most likely go on from there.
    Found a guy selling a duck-tail spoiler for the wagon's, for $100. I just saw one picture of it. Is it worth $100?
    I found a wagon for sale in Harrisonburg, NC, about 20 minutes away from where I went to college in NC. The guy is asking for $600 for everything, drawback is the car doesn't come with the engine, but it brings everything else. The reason I am asking if its worth it, is for the sole fact that I live in NJ 615 miles away and taking the blue ridge highway is always a dread lol. Should I take the road trip?
  • I found a wagon for sale in Harrisonburg, NC, about 20 minutes away from where I went to college in NC. The guy is asking for $600 for everything, drawback is the car doesn't come with the engine, but it brings everything else. The reason I am asking if its worth it, is for the sole fact that I live in NJ 615 miles away and taking the blue ridge highway is always a dread lol. Should I take the road trip?

Nobody is going to be able to give you a good idea on what its worth with no pictures of this car. You also didn't say if there is any rust or damage to the body. Good clean rust free bodies are hard to come by and some would pay good money for a clean shell.
    I got in contact with the guy he said he was going to send me pictures, apparently the car is just missing the engine and it does have the usual fender and corner panel rust. So in reality I just need to receive the pictures and keep you guys posted. I did come across this car in Gastonia.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/2501382928.html

Spoke to the guy and he said the only real issue is the engine noise, but as you can see its side panels are MIA. He told me that's how he got the car; asking price is 1000, or OBO.
  • Hey how much would a rt4wd trans and running gear go for? Everything is in good shape and trans never had a problem.
  • This 86 wagon with 134,000 miles just came up at a dealership in the Bay Area... I'm interested but skeptical of the low price. I can't see why they would put it up for that much without some serious issues. Should I even bother with a Carfax?

http://www.carsonlinefree.com/sites/inv ... startRow=1
  • staylucid wrote:
    This 86 wagon with 134,000 miles just came up at a dealership in the Bay Area... I'm interested but skeptical of the low price. I can't see why they would put it up for that much without some serious issues. Should I even bother with a Carfax?

http://www.carsonlinefree.com/sites/inv ... startRow=1

Be skeptical if you want but that seems like a pretty good deal to me. Not everyone out there knows that these little things are going for more than they are worth. That price might seem high to a lot of people for a car that old, and not everyone is in the market for a car that old.
  • how much would a 89 FWD wagon go for in California? 270k on the original motor only has suspension mods blox camber kit adjustable suspension does not say what kind. exterior and interior are ok looks like original paint job fading roof and hood and fenders.
  • what are a set of window visors worth? oem, painted with the tint spray, all tabs intact, only blemish is a 1/2 inch crack that has epoxy on it not seen when on the car?

also what is a brand new set of speaker pods worth?
  • klrklr Band Wagon
    Deleted...
  • what are a set of window visors worth? oem, painted with the tint spray, all tabs intact, only blemish is a 1/2 inch crack that has epoxy on it not seen when on the car?

also what is a brand new set of speaker pods worth?

window visors $200
    speaker pods, depending on color $150-$200
  • pdcpdc Band Wagon
    I bought this wagon for $4500. It is still in very clean condition. It seemed like too much money, but I thought the amount of work and parts in it made it utterly unique. Not to mention it's pretty damn fun to drive. Did I pay too much?

viewtopic.php?t=7521
  • RobbRobb Wagonist
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    This is a great thread, dont know how I missed it. I was wondering what a rear cargo cover from a 92 accord wagon would go for. Has all the hardware including the screws. It is tan and 9/10. Thanks im going to be using this alot.Edit.. I have a cousin overseas and was wondering if I were able to get the rear blinds would 150.00 plus shipping be a good deal to anyone? Please let me know who would be interested cause I can get them.
    pdc wrote:
    I bought this wagon for $4500. It is still in very clean condition. It seemed like too much money, but I thought the amount of work and parts in it made it utterly unique. Not to mention it's pretty damn fun to drive. Did I pay too much?

viewtopic.php?t=7521
    Ive read that thread alot and it is a great car. There is alot done already to it, and I dont think anyone could say if you paid to much for it since it's already done, but if you were going to sell it and asked if you could get 4500 out of it, well it depends on if someone else is willing to pay it. If I had 4500 and it was for sale and still in the same shape that I have seen it previous, possibly.
  • can anyone tell me if $35 for a roof rack/basket combo is a decent deal? the local JY thinks its factory, but they dont have a clue (not that it really matters to me
    can anyone tell me if $35 for a roof rack/basket combo is a decent deal? the local JY thinks its factory, but they dont have a clue (not that it really matters to me
    Sounds like a good deal.
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    How much are some 89 prelude fogs with switches worth? Near mint condition.
    Fogs, bracket, switch and no scratches.
  • Some good prelude fogs go for abut 70 if ther nice n clean an complete. If they have cracks or missing brakets or switchex they usually run for like 40
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    ^^Wow thats it? I thought they were worth more than that. Oh well, guess they are going on the wagon now lol
    Thanks
  • Yeah there not super rare. At least here in san diego ther not rare. I seen some fogs with minor cracks go for 25
  • Hi everyone,

I recently had a new timing belt, AC and exhaust done on my 1990 Civic Wagon. The wagon is in good condition with 120,000 original miles, no accident history and detailed clean Carfax and title. Interior and exterior is in good condition; no major flaws but typical wear-n-tear. What price can I ask for it?

Thanks for your time and advice.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Julia
  • stampernstampern Senior Wagonist
    I would say no less than 2k. Why you selling it. Sounds like a great car. ;) You could probably get close to 3k imo for one that clean with that low of miles.