Options on carpet replacement?

Just curious if there is a place to buy aftermarket OEM fitment carpet. I'd like to get some new carpet and wanted to inquire your opinions!

Comments

• I bought the OEM carpet from my local dealership for like $275.00. I tried looking for aftermarket options for several weeks but found no offerings for the wagon unless you go to an automotive interior shop but the fitment is not perfect.
  • Wouldn't it be pretty simple to take out the old carpet, buy a roll of new stuff. Then just trace the design onto the new stuff and cut it out? Or is it harder than that?
  • the factory carpet is molded. if you put flat carpet in the compound curved floor pan, you will have wrinkles and bulges in the corners.
  • Check with a company called ACC.
    Google ACC auto carpets.
    I bought it for my CRX and it looks great !!
  • civicboy wrote:
    Check with a company called ACC.
    Google ACC auto carpets.
    I bought it for my CRX and it looks great !!

I checked out that company too, but they don't make wagon carpets. Only hatches, sedans and Crx's.
  • MrM3MrM3 Council Member
    ogwagon wrote:
    I bought the OEM carpet from my local dealership for like $275.00. I tried looking for aftermarket options for several weeks but found no offerings for the wagon unless you go to an automotive interior shop but the fitment is not perfect.

You got lucky to find some. I deal with my local dealer a lot and they put out a nationwide search for me and they couldn't come up with anything. As far as I know no aftermarket company makes carpet for a wagon.
  • MrM3 wrote:
    I deal with my local dealer a lot and they put out a nationwide search for me and they couldn't come up with anything.
    I've had a parts search done about a dozen times, and only ever got a hit once. thats just one of the joys of playing with old hondas...
  • MrM3MrM3 Council Member
    Yeah I've actually had the dealer actually laugh at some of my requests lol.
  • Haha! Glad I'm not alone in the quest for honda unobtainium...
  • MrM3 wrote:
    ogwagon wrote:
    I bought the OEM carpet from my local dealership for like $275.00. I tried looking for aftermarket options for several weeks but found no offerings for the wagon unless you go to an automotive interior shop but the fitment is not perfect.

You got lucky to find some. I deal with my local dealer a lot and they put out a nationwide search for me and they couldn't come up with anything. As far as I know no aftermarket company makes carpet for a wagon.
    Yeah, I'm in California and they sourced it from a dealership in Virginia.
  • http://www.stockinteriors.com/

They have had people send in their carpet and then make a new molded replica piece. They did that for the EP3 when we first requested new carpets for it. I'm sending them an email asking about wagon carpet.
  • superhatch wrote:
    http://www.stockinteriors.com/

They have had people send in their carpet and then make a new molded replica piece. They did that for the EP3 when we first requested new carpets for it. I'm sending them an email asking about wagon carpet.
    And several folks are very happy with the EP carpet. Hopefully this'll work out, but I'm not holdin my breath.
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    Lol i want a grey one. mines is turned black :(
  • I know you all are looking for replacement but if your carpet is just VERY dirty, I took my carpet out and pressure washed it with a high power washer. It took more than 15 minutes to do but my carpet looks almost NEW. It did way better than I ever thought.
    Good luck
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    parts of my carpet are scrubbed off meaning theres no more carpet just some ruberish material. so yeah..cant clean that up
  • inceptioninception New Wagonist
    ive always just kept the molded carpet and go to and interior shop and get them to cut u off some carpet and glue it down make sure u get all the bubbles out with a roller.
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    Or you can just do what Bliss@9k did, for the rear that is
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    says fits civic wagovan
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    AFAIK it does not.
    4th item down, word for word as title states >> HONDA CIVIC 4 DOOR CARPET (Fits: Civic Wagovan)
    I'm waiting on a reply from the seller asking specifically bout my 1990 honda civic wagon rt4wd carpet replacement in blue and questioning the title stating that its a direct fit for our civic wagovan...is this true or not? jus trying to end this quest for carpet replacement.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    most likely its not true. many things say "fits all Civic" when it clearly will not...
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    wagodizzle wrote:
    most likely its not true. many things say "fits all Civic" when it clearly will not...

Exactly.

It might 'fit', but it will look like shit...
    stock_interiors & customfitautoaccess both sellers of replacement carpets on e-bay got back to me and said there looking deeper into this due to my multiple questions to them and will get back to me shortly thru e-mail.
  • AlluvialAlluvial New Wagonist
    Did you ever hear back from them? Mine has holes in it as well. :(
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I will have a decent Blue carpet up for grabs here soon...

I know someone will need it..
  • AlluvialAlluvial New Wagonist
    Probably several someones. :p
  • btbammerbtbammer Wagonist
    Econosales sells 6'x3' (72" for $24?) With all sorts of colors, as well as heat insulated/sound deadening padding (48" for 16.00) that, with some 3m adhesive spray from home depot and you not only getting a more quite ride, But it also reduces engine heat inside. Looks pretty good too. And you can make it fit the molding with some patience.

Note: if you sew the padding to the carpet and glue the foil side of the padding to the floor pan you get the best result. Make sure to get moms permission first though!

When I finish mine ill make a write up :)