Integra rear seat conversion

Integra rear seat swap..
I finally had some time to swap materials for the back seat.. the passenger rear material from the teg was pretty much a swap over, the driver's side required a 1 1/2" piece sewed in to match the width.. headrest cushions and material went onto the civic shafts pretty easy :) Looks so much cleaner with matching seats.. now for the doorcards and armrest :)
996.jpg
997.jpg
998.jpg
999.jpg
1000.jpg
1001.jpg
1002.jpg

Comments

• NycetryNycetry Wagonist
    Dang looks good man!
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    holy fucking shit....jizz in my pants :D
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Thanks for sharing those good pictures! Everyone is always asking about rear seat conversions. Now we can just direct them here :)
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    this looks really really good. can you explain the 1 1/2" plate installation a bit better? or pics of where it goes? i have recently picked up a set of the exact same rears and would like to do the same.

also, one of my biggest concerns is keeping the OEM seats because they lay flush and flat when all folded down. do these do the same as the stock seats?

any photos of them folded down?!

thanks again for finally doing this swap. finally we have options!
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Council Member
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote:
    this looks really really good. can you explain the 1 1/2" plate installation a bit better? or pics of where it goes? i have recently picked up a set of the exact same rears and would like to do the same.

also, one of my biggest concerns is keeping the OEM seats because they lay flush and flat when all folded down. do these do the same as the stock seats?

any photos of them folded down?!

thanks again for finally doing this swap. finally we have options!
    These are the oem wagon seat frames and cushions.. I swapped covers.. the teg material is sewn together on the 60 split (inside edge) you can see the shade difference ( I used a piece of material from the lower teg cushion) if your handy with a sewing machine you can do it :)
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    Oh, OK. i see it now....gotcha

looks clean:)

thanks!
  • doitdubdoitdub familEE
    Looks so good. My face is like your pooch when I saw it! 8*0
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    Now I have to spend more money. There just so happens to be an integra in the yard here with a perfect interior. :evil: :mrgreen: Good thing it will only cost me like 60 bucks

Nice work by the way.
  • FossilFossil Band Wagon
    Looks amazing old Skool! I am Burnaby/PoCo, so if you ever want to reupholster my wagon, let me know. :)
  • J3wmanJ3wman Band Wagon
    looks jdm race spec yo! lol i got a friend with dc2 grey leathers i may put those in if its a direct swap
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    damn that's nice...
  • superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    J3wman wrote:
    looks jdm race spec yo! lol i got a friend with dc2 grey leathers i may put those in if its a direct swap

Well the problem you'll run into, if I understand the install correctly, is that you will have to sew extra leather onto the seats to fill in some of the gap. I'd think a cloth seam would be a little more forgiving than a leather seam when it came to looks.

Looks great by the way. I'm planning on doing this with Evo 8 rear seat covers as soon as I get a set of fronts (already have the rears).
    superhatch wrote:
    J3wman wrote:

Well the problem you'll run into, if I understand the install correctly, is that you will have to sew extra leather onto the seats to fill in some of the gap. I'd think a cloth seam would be a little more forgiving than a leather seam when it came to looks.

Looks great by the way. I'm planning on doing this with Evo 8 rear seat covers as soon as I get a set of fronts (already have the rears).

The Integra material needs to be modded to fit the wagon seats.. I would stay away from leather, I had leather in my 1979 civic... (too hot in the summer) I've now re-wrapped the stock back seat with 2003 Civic Sir material.. I was going to install the 03 Sir fronts, but they are just physically just to big, So I've stripped the material from the fronts and I'm going to re wrap the current porsche seats that I have in it..
  • Do you have any pics of the in-progress phase??
    Do you have any pics of the in-progress phase??
    I didn't bother :lol:
    once I find the teg material to match my other 89 wago I will take progress pics...
  • Old Skool wrote:
    once I find the teg material to match my other 89 wago I will take progress pics...

Cool, keep me/us posted on this. I'm hoping to be picking up front DA seats next month and after seeing this, I might have to take the rear seats as well!
  • wow that looks great, nice work!
  • jonyboy08jonyboy08 Band Wagon
    Looking good. How did you do the head rests?
    Old Skool wrote:

Cool, keep me/us posted on this. I'm hoping to be picking up front DA seats next month and after seeing this, I might have to take the rear seats as well!
    I'll be getting onto the other wagon once I get back from JCCS at the end of sept.. I'll post pics then.
    wow that looks great, nice work!
    jonyboy08 wrote:
    Looking good. How did you do the head rests?
    the teg headrests are swapped onto the wago shafts.. cleaner look :)
  • inceptioninception New Wagonist
    Looks stock DAMN.
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    dam that looks super clean
  • 1800sss1800sss Band Wagon
    Love that OEM look! Are those DA Teg seat covers from a 2 or 4 door, or are they the same?
  • casmithcasmith Band Wagon
    that looks nice. Has anyone ever thought about just putting two more bucket seats in the back? My ex has a mazda5, and I always thought it would be neat to do 4 matching bucket seats in a wagon. It would probably entail re-carpeting the entire back, maybe the whole car. But with a cool little center console in the back. Anyone ever tried this? Thoughts?
    Very cool job on this though.
    1800sss wrote:
    Love that OEM look! Are those DA Teg seat covers from a 2 or 4 door, or are they the same?
    They are from a 4dr :)
    casmith wrote:
    that looks nice. Has anyone ever thought about just putting two more bucket seats in the back? My ex has a mazda5, and I always thought it would be neat to do 4 matching bucket seats in a wagon. It would probably entail re-carpeting the entire back, maybe the whole car. But with a cool little center console in the back. Anyone ever tried this? Thoughts?
    Very cool job on this though.
    putting buckets in the rear would be difficult. You would have to have a low bottom cushion in order for it to work. I thought about the '93-'96 prelude interior.. split buckets and console front to rear, but I never got around to trying it :)
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    how does the rear seat fold down? does it sit flush?
  • chorne1787chorne1787 Band Wagon
    these are just recovered factory fold downs so they fold down the exact same way
  • Danier-SanDanier-San New Wagonist
    Is there any more details about this. I'm in the middle of getting the passenger side back cushion swapped out now, but i'm encountering some difficulties. How did you manage to get the fabric to "stick" to the back into the foam?
  • datwagondatwagon Band Wagon
    Danier-San wrote: »
    Is there any more details about this. I'm in the middle of getting the passenger side back cushion swapped out now, but i'm encountering some difficulties. How did you manage to get the fabric to "stick" to the back into the foam?

Are you using hog rings to secure it to the metal bars in the foam. I guess ive never taken rear seats apart. I would think it would be like the fronts where you have to use hog rings.
  • Danier-SanDanier-San New Wagonist
    datwagon wrote: »
    Are you using hog rings to secure it to the metal bars in the foam. I guess ive never taken rear seats apart. I would think it would be like the fronts where you have to use hog rings.
    Sorry about the late reply.... I managed to finish my seats how I wanted them.
    For the top part of the seats I did the project exactly like on this thread EXCEPT I didn't cut slits for the headrests. I don't have another set of integra headrests so a simple flat top it is.

By hog rings, I'm guessing those are the copper rings that came from the seats? I used everything that came off the seats.

Now here's where things start to take a turn.

So I was thinking about doing the whole split seats thing for the bottom part, but I wanted to keep the "feel" of the original integra seats. They seemed to sit better being they were a bit lower, so I just used the one piece seat. I just mounted it on the bottom half of the wagon frames and bolted it down with some carriage bolts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no expert at this, but I just wanted them in. There are exposed carriage bolt tops, but it isn't too bad (they shock the shit out of people sitting in the seats though haha). I managed to get the back part of the bottom seat frame on and cleaned it up. I shortened the threaded side of the bolts with a hacksaw and I'm going to put some rubber putty on the exposed flesh cutters.

Overall, I love my version of the seats, the only downside being I can either have the seats both up, or both down. It's not really a problem for me as I never really haul giant things in the car.
    Heres a picture of my seats as they are now.1653594_719632314734422_82381547_n.jpg
  • El LeonEl Leon Band Wagon
    I know this is bringing a thread back from the dead, but i'd be surprised if the Evo VIII rears worked for this. Were you able to complete this swap?

Evo rear bench seats did not have a split, nor were they designed to fold down due to the additional chassis bracing behind the seat , plus a rather large armwrest solution in the middle that sported some absolutely amazing cup holders (knowing this as a former Evo owner).

Would love to see how you solved these issues if you were able to make it work.
    superhatch wrote: »